Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

c section pain 5 months

(6 Posts)
Bumplovin Sun 14-May-17 16:33:03

So I'm really worried about my c section pain. I'd been pretty painfree and had been going about as normal lifted suitcases for holiday (5 months post op) but my scar has become really painful I saw gp and he said it should be well healed and I won't have done damage but the pain is scaring me it's like a burning stinging. And a few twinges. Do I go back to the gp I don't know if they will think I'm pestering them- is this normal?

DunedinGirl Sun 14-May-17 16:42:03

Was your scar numb at all? I had the odd experience of having little nerve-like pains as the feeling came back about the same time. I always think it is better to have it checked out rather than worry.

Bumplovin Sun 14-May-17 17:11:19

It wasn't particularly numb no. The out of hours doctor had a feel yesterday and said it was fine but it's almost more painful today. It's a week since I lifted.

Bumplovin Sun 14-May-17 17:12:22

Don't think it's helping I'm constipated so I feel there's pressure on it

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 14-May-17 17:16:04

I have burning stingy pains and tugging twinges (7 months on) because of adhesions round the scar. Did the gp have a feel of your tummy/scar?

Bumplovin Mon 15-May-17 16:38:49

I've just been to the gp he's prescribed some ibruprofen gel he said scar tissue is not very stretchy and can strain easier just got to rest- really upset with myself for setting myself back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now