Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Painful Orgasm after childbirth

(2 Posts)
Squtternutbosch Wed 10-May-17 08:29:06

I gave birth 6 months ago. It was quite a difficult birth, induced and ventouse delivery with quite bad tearing and no bloody pain relief but I healed reasonably well and saw my doctor recently, who said everything looks fine.

I am still not having sex yet, but my doctor suggested I reacquaint myself with...myself, and as a result I have now managed to have a couple of orgasms. And they were both really painful sad. I don't mean the actual O itself but right afterwards I got really strong contraction pains. I know orgasms sometimes cause uterine contractions but they never used to be sore before. Now it's painful like an actual contraction.

What's going on? Anyone know??

FartnissEverbeans Sat 27-May-17 16:26:11

I also had a ventouse delivery but with episiotomy. DS is 7mo and we've tried to have sex a few times but it's been pretty painful. It's been less painful each time but still very very uncomfortable and we haven't finished the deed yet.

I've also had a few orgasms and I find them painful as well. I'm not sure I'd describe it as uterine contractions, but definitely muscle spasms. It was very painful at first but has got better. I still have discomfort though and don't get much enjoyment from it.

I don't have any advice but maybe hearing my experience will make you feel better. I told my dr about pain during sex and she confirmed there's nothing wrog with me as such - she thinks we should use lube and persevere, and that it will get better with time. She says my body is still healing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now