Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Confused

(4 Posts)
Gracey893 Sun 30-Apr-17 23:01:47

I'm not going into too much detail but my DD is now 1 and I think I suffer from separation anxiety being away from her (rather than the other way around) sometimes it flares up more than others but it can get really hard. I had a hard year last year with different things after she was born and I went to counselling and she mentioned I might have had postnatal depression. I never thought I had any symptoms, when I look them up I still don't think I do. I just have really bad anxiety about leaving her with people and I want to be with her all the time. I am back at work and when I'm there I'm ok, it's just the initial leaving. I get upset about it all. Is this normal?

NewMum17 Thu 08-Jun-17 05:04:04

Just seen you had no replies. Hope you're feeling better. I have no idea what it's like yet as I'm still on mat leave but wanted to drop a message. I hope you have found a way to help your mornings not be as hard.flowers

Youvegotafriendinme Mon 19-Jun-17 04:36:12

I know you wrote your original post a while back but how are you coping now? I've recently been diagnosed with PTSD and separation anxiety so know how you feel. My DS in nearly 7mo and I just know that going back to work is not something I will be able to do as I won't even let him out my sight for a second, don't like any one else holding him and if we are out and strangers talk to him, I feel at my most anxious.

I have started CBT and even though I've only had 3 sessions, I am positive about it and Its helping me work through. Is this something you could have to help?

I hope your feeling better about things but if not I hope you can seek some help flowers

Loopytiles Mon 19-Jun-17 05:39:58

Sorry you're going through this. Postnatal anxiety is also a "thing": if it continues there is help available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now