Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Can pnd return?

(5 Posts)
Littleelffriend Thu 27-Apr-17 11:26:27

I feel like I'm drowning. I was diagnosed with pnd about 4 months after the birth of my dd. I went on sertraline and had 2 sessions with a counsellor. I came off sertraline about 6 weeks ago and I felt great. Can pnd return? I'm not coping at all and I don't know what to do.

josieanne91 Thu 27-Apr-17 20:12:03

Hi lovely.
How are you doing? Have you family close by to help.
Here to offer a handhold. You are never alone.
flowers

Heirhelp Thu 27-Apr-17 20:21:06

Too sessions with a counsellor does not sound like a lot. Perhaps it was not gone but just a bit better as you were taking medication. Lots of illness got through peaks and troughs.

Go back to your GP. Have an unMNy hug.

Heirhelp Thu 27-Apr-17 20:21:41

How old is your little one now?

Littleelffriend Thu 27-Apr-17 20:28:57

Hi all thanks for all replies. LO will be one next week. I have a lovely partner, and my brother lives nearby but has two little ones of his own.

Heir do you think going back on medication would help? I feel better within myself being off it. But this week I thought for the first time that I wanted someone else to have her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: