Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Post natal constipation

(9 Posts)
MrPoppersPenguins Sun 09-Apr-17 07:35:24

My lb is nearly 3 weeks old and I am really constipated. It's making me so sore and I can't even sit comfortably. I've tried drinking orange juice and eating plums but it's not helping. I am BF so not sure what else I can take or do. Any advice??

Shurleyshummishtake Sun 09-Apr-17 07:38:19

Lactulose avaialble over the counter and should be fine

raviolidreaming Sun 09-Apr-17 21:27:46

Yep, lactulose will get things moving!

Funnyface1 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:24:19

Prune juice. It's so so effective, more so than most laxatives. Please try it.

TwoDogs9 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:33:21

Prune juice works well, lactulose gave me terrible wind! As you're BF, make sure you're keeping hydrated.

Rarotonga Mon 17-Apr-17 09:49:01

Go to GP. They can prescribe things like Movicol, which I have found to be very effective with the same issue after giving birth. Mine also recommended a glycerin suppository.

Blossom789 Tue 18-Apr-17 19:59:01

I third the prune juice! And lots of water

RoganJosh Tue 18-Apr-17 19:59:46

10 portions of fruit and veg plus lots of water.

Cuppaqueen Thu 20-Apr-17 08:12:18

I was given a glycerin suppository in hospital to help get things moving 4 days after c-section. It was amazingly effective - instant desire to go - but I would recommend taking stool softeners first so what you pass doesn't feel like a brick shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now