Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Sh*tting myself after forceps delivery

(15 Posts)
Toobloodytired Mon 03-Apr-17 14:51:56

Hey all, so you know me from the hematoma thread.

Back again for more advice as this only started happening yesterday.

My body doesn't seem to warn I'm advance when I need a number 2, it seems to go from not needing to go to crapping myself in 5-10 seconds!

Please tell me this is normal & will stop over time.

I have literally cried on & off all night into today about this.

I'm already somewhat incontinent due to the delivery to which I'm doing my exercises for but now this has started too, Ive honestly had enough.

Glitteryunicorn Mon 03-Apr-17 14:59:10

I had similar after my forceps delivery it got better little by little but it's taken months. 8 months pp now and although I do need to find a toilet as soon as I feel the urge to go I can hold it now.

flowers for you keep doing your exercises

Toobloodytired Mon 03-Apr-17 15:02:44

sad I'm terrified il be like this for life now, honestly makes me so bloody emotional.

I've shit myself in the past due to IBS but that itself was so very rare.

How can I help it??

Glitteryunicorn Mon 03-Apr-17 15:16:34

I know it's horrible sad I've been doing gentle pelvic strengthen exercises at first there wasn't much there but they've gradually got stronger.

Concentrate like you are trying to hold in a fart. Then concentrate like you are trying to hold in a wee. Then pull up into your deep pelvic muscles in your vagina. Do 10 reps each muscle up to 3 times a day but i just do them when i remember, you'll start to feel a difference after a week or two.

I also do pelvic tilts and bridge to strengthen and stabilise my pelvis so I'm not sure if they help as well.
You can get a referral to the women's health physio.

Toobloodytired Mon 03-Apr-17 15:29:43

The midwife referred me today as I nearly had a breakdown about it.

I stood in the bloody shower & cried wondering if at 27 years of age, this was it for me! Pissing & shitting myself.

Glitteryunicorn Mon 03-Apr-17 21:49:22

It will get better everything is really swollen the first week or two no one tells you how horrific it bloody is! flowers

Mombie2016 Mon 03-Apr-17 21:53:10

Forceps delivery 12.5 years ago here. Plus nasty tear all the way around and a fuck up when stitching me up.

For the first 18 months I pooed myself quite often. At 19 years old it was mortifying. I was also diagnosed IBS.

It HAS got better. Haven't pooed myself since I was 20 (I'm now 30 and have had 3 more babies albeit very simple easy vaginal births!) but do still find myself having to dash to a toilet quite quickly.

KatyN Tue 04-Apr-17 07:52:42

It took nearly a year for my pooing to be back to normal after a forceps delivery. I went to the gp at 8 months and she had a poke around and said nothing was obviously wrong. I'm now 15 pp and all is fine.
My first was ventouse and I had no idea how much more brutal forceps were.
Kxxx

smellsofelderberries Tue 04-Apr-17 12:03:57

Oh tired, I'm so sorry this is happening. I have different issues to you but I know how it feels to feel like you're totally out of control of your body. Go to the GP and ask for a referral to a urogynacologist. You need a urogynacologist, not an OBGYN. Do you know how long the physio referral will take?

Please PM me if you need to talk. It's such a shock when you're in so much pain in such a personal area and have the demands of a newborn too.

Toobloodytired Tue 04-Apr-17 13:39:42

Had I known how bad they'd be, I would NOT have said yes to it.

Honestly I feel like I'm falling apart, my boobs are leaking.

I wee a little, I've poo'd myself

My downstairs is swollen sad

smellsofelderberries Wed 05-Apr-17 04:58:26

Boobs leaking at this stage is normal, my boobs still leak now at 5 months PP! Weeing and pooing yourself isn't normal though. It took weeks for my swelling to go down. Use lots of ice packs, rest as much as possible and soak in the bath lots. Do you have family support around? Are you breastfeeding? If so, I found feeding lying down a huge help in the early day. Took a bit of getting used to but I only feed lying down (when I'm at home) now as it takes all the weight off my pelvic floor. Do your exercises. Can you pay to see a women's health physio if the NHS one is going to take a while?

PollytheDolly Wed 05-Apr-17 06:08:01

flowers hope you feel better soon.

Bubbinsmakesthree Wed 05-Apr-17 06:20:03

This is one of these things no-one tells you about! I had it after my forceps delivery, it was very bad in the first few weeks, felt like I had virtually no control, when I had to go I had to go! Was terrified about not being near a toilet. But it got better week by week and after a couple of months or so things had returned to normal (and before that I was more confident about being out and about). A friend who has an entirely natural delivery also had the same thing so it's not necessarily just forceps, though clearly it's not something that helps!

It can be something that will take longer to rectify and it mighy need some treatment so don't feel inhibited about getting help BUT I just wanted to share my experience that it it's not necessarily doom.

birdling Thu 06-Apr-17 08:50:39

I had this after my first ds was born with forceps. It got better over a few months. Go to the toilet regularly, even if you don't feel the need. It helps to stop the accidents.
Congratulations on the birth of your lo.
flowers

TwoDogs9 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:38:45

It does get better. I had no control over farts at all for the first few days after having forceps delivery. It was mortifying!! The pooing situation wasn't good at first and on occasion I ended up on the toilet whilst still BF my DS as I just couldn't hold it in but we're at 14 weeks now and I'm pretty much back to normal. God, the things us women have to go through!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now