Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Brown stuff???

(5 Posts)
MissJC Sun 02-Apr-17 19:22:32

Hi guys! Hoping this is the right place to post this topic.

So had episiotomy 6 weeks ago, healed well no infection. I DTD for the first time post baby this morning which went ok, no pain or discomfort however I seem to have some dark brown discharge in my knickers? Kinda looks like the end of a period iyswim.
Does anybody know what this is? I'm not due a period so a bit baffled.

Sorry about the TMI factor here too!

daisydalrymple Sun 02-Apr-17 19:23:57

No expert, but it may well be old blood from healing inside.

rainbowsockstoday Sun 02-Apr-17 19:28:57

Firstly that's amazing you're 6wpp and DTD! Dc was nearly 10mthd old before we did! Mainly because I had a child attached to my boob that entire time and he slept in our bed entirely till almost 2yo! Now a days he only comes in from 12 onwards.

The brownish stuff will just be old blood mixed with cm and semen. It takes about 12-14 weeks to completely heal inside depending on how much they had to cut. I ended up with 46stitchrs inside and out and even now 27mths on I can still feel the scar. Don't worry about it at all. It's the first couple of weeks you need to be careful and if it healed well and was checked you're fine. If you're super worried you're due your 6-8week baby check so mention it then.

notanothernamechangebabes Sun 02-Apr-17 19:33:17

Blimey ... I'm 6 MONTHS PP and today we kissed with tongues for the first time since DS was born.

I take my sexless hat off to you grin

MissJC Sun 02-Apr-17 19:36:42

Thanks for your replies!
I thought it might be something like that, I googled and found nada so thought I would ask the wise mums of mumsnet.

I was a bit nervous beforehand but thought bollocks to it, get back on the wagon whilst LO was having her morning kip. I had a 2nd degree cut so not too bad. I can't believe how well it has healed, I was expecting to pop a mirror down there and be faced with something along the lines of battered lasagne but praise the gods of good stitching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now