Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Vulvar Hematoma TMI WARNING!!

(47 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Toobloodytired Sat 01-Apr-17 00:52:50

Hi All,

So Saturday I went to hospital to be induced at 37.1 due to a health condition.

I had my waters broken on Monday & went into labour.

I was then rushed to theatre for a forceps delivery as the cord was around baby's neck.

They had to cut me which wasn't such an issue until AFTER I'd been seen back up.

Around half hour on recovery ward, I started losing blood, although I'd already lost 500ml during delivery.

I also started experiencing excruciating pain which I had to be rushed back to theatre for.

I had 2 blood clots in my vagina, which had formed because of being cut for the forceps, I also lost another 1000ml of blood.

I am attaching a picture too, this is what all the docs/midwives have been talking about since Monday, they all can't believe how severe it really is, all asked to see the pic too.

Has ANYONE else on here had anything like this too??

*[Note from MNHQ - We've now removed the pic at the OP's request]

Isadora2007 Sat 01-Apr-17 01:13:24

Wtf?

Reported.

shocklate Sat 01-Apr-17 01:18:57

Why on earth would you "report" another woman that has come on here asking for help Isadora??

user1469751309 Sat 01-Apr-17 01:19:12

That looks agony hope your ok and
healing

Isadora2007 Sat 01-Apr-17 01:21:44

Why on earth does she need to post a photo? It's obscene. And I don't even believe it's her fanny.
We can all know what a bruised fabby looks like, it's a bit much to have it in all it's roadkill glory here to see surely?
What is she even actually asking?

eviethehamster Sat 01-Apr-17 01:23:58

OP shock

Your birth sounds like mine with dd1. Except I refused to look and only went by the faces of the doctors and nurses shockconfused

I've no advice other than 1) see if you need a blood transfusion. I lost 500ml and needed a transfusion. 2) use cold packs and calendula if possible down there.

The only good news I can say is it gets better!!

GinSwigmore Sat 01-Apr-17 01:24:37

I have had similar swelling but not bruising like that. Very sorry.
flowers There are a load of us on To think censorship of birth stories should not be allowed? thread in AIBU?
I am sorry this happened to you and hope you recover okay.
The picture, despite the warning, others might find too much. Not me, I have seen worse and had DP take similar pics so I could see the extent of damage stitches wise. But you might be better putting it in your profile instead.

Out2pasture Sat 01-Apr-17 01:26:06

in case it is your bits....as a nurse I've seen worse
being lower than your heart it will swell lots and remain off color for a while but it will pass.
cold packs (you really shouldn't put straight ice on anything) will help
avoid using donut rings should anyone offer you one as it makes it worse last longer.
congrats on giving birth

Chippednailvarnishing Sat 01-Apr-17 01:27:41

It's a vag / vulva / fanjo / pussy / lady bits / whatever, what it's not is obscene.

It gets easier op, i promise!

GinSwigmore Sat 01-Apr-17 01:29:23

^ Ooh yes to cool packs: blue gel ones wrapped in handkerchief from the fridge. I have remembered a time when I had some bruising, not as bad but still bruised (toddler kicked out and landed a fanjo kick and felled me to the floor). Took a week to heal. I suspect you will take a month.
Isadora why click through? This is postnatal health. Some support wouldn't go amiss you know.

GinSwigmore Sat 01-Apr-17 01:29:33

^ Ooh yes to cool packs: blue gel ones wrapped in handkerchief from the fridge. I have remembered a time when I had some bruising, not as bad but still bruised (toddler kicked out and landed a fanjo kick and felled me to the floor). Took a week to heal. I suspect you will take a month.
Isadora why click through? This is postnatal health. Some support wouldn't go amiss you know.

PyongyangKipperbang Sat 01-Apr-17 01:50:58

Isadora

May I suggest you advance search the OPs name before going off on one?

And many of use are not horrified or offended by the sight of a womans genitals, injured or otherwise so get over yourself.

Katie0705 Sat 01-Apr-17 01:51:45

Fuck, that is one hell of a haematoma!! Op, you must be in agony. I have seen quite a few haematomas of this severity, and they do take time to heal. Ice as previously mentioned can be soothing. the pain will start to lessen as the blood inside the tissue starts to dissipate. Check with your Midwife/HV about taking paracetamol, this can help reduce pain as well as inflammation of the tissues whilst healing. I do hope you recover very soon. I also hope that your baby is well and thriving too. Best wishes

notadutchie Sat 01-Apr-17 07:05:23

That looks incredibly painful OP! I am not medical so no advice, but just wanted to extend some sympathy!

And Isobel - she said there was a photo and of what. If you didn't want to see, why look?!!!

DixieNormas Sat 01-Apr-17 07:28:55

Lots of gel packs! Mine took about a month to fully heal

Seriously do people not even attempt to AS anymore to check if a poster has any history.

Isobel what's wrong with you? The women has just given birth, there's no need to speak like that its just a vagina

NeedATrim Sat 01-Apr-17 11:48:42

Poor thing. Thank you for posting, OP as I had no idea of a haematoma having never heard of it before. Your post caused me to Google and educate myself. Hope you get back to your old self in double quick time. flowers

Toobloodytired Sat 01-Apr-17 14:26:52

Isadora, I fear you may be a "man" passing as a woman on mumsnet, I apologise should the above photo have put you off every going near a female again hmm

I do apologise profusely that you are clearly UNABLE to read given that I put a very clear TMI WARNING & PICTURE ATTACHED, on the actual title. I'm sorry you are illiterate and curiosity got the better of you!

You'd have had to read the thread before you even got to the picture so had more than enough chance to leave before you saw it. I am not your carer, I am not responsible for what you do and don't see.

If you were able to read (might I suggest learning) you'd have read that I am looking to see if other females have experienced anything similar and have any advice on managing swelling and pain!

Oh & FYI, I wish it WASNT my "fanny", unfortunately it is!

Sorry, not sorry!

Toobloodytired Sat 01-Apr-17 14:30:15

Oh and to all who took this seriously and wasn't "offended" I am hugely grateful for your advice.

I have been using ice packs
Taking arnica pills
And generally keeping the area clean and dry.

This happened Monday just gone, so only a few days but already I've had enough and want a normal looking "Fanjo" which doesn't hurt every time I sit down!!

goodpiemissedthechips Sat 01-Apr-17 14:33:10

Your birth sounds like mine with dd1. Except I refused to look and only went by the faces of the doctors and nurses

Ditto. On several occasions in the following days when checking me the midwives mentioned that I had impressive bruising and asked if I wanted to look. I declined wink

Bizarrely I don't really remember much in the way of pain, I think I was just so shell-shocked by the whole thing that it didn't register any more than all the rest of it IYSWIM. So I'm not much practical help but I wanted to offer solidarity.

I wish you a speedy recovery OP. (And you are quite correct that you gave plenty of warning in your title, there's no issue there.)

GahBuggerit Sat 01-Apr-17 14:39:56

Oh do one Isadora, the rest of us are adults here and can take a pic of someone's fanny who is asking for help

Op i had a very very sore vulva after a very 'aggressive' midwife arranging my flaps for me while delivering ds1, i soaked a maternity pad in a mix of water and witch hazel and popped it in the freezer and put it on a pair of nicks over a pair i had on already so it wasn't right next to my bits iyswim. Helped immensely

GinSwigmore Sat 01-Apr-17 14:47:28

brew
cake
flowers

olderthanyouthink Sat 01-Apr-17 14:48:00

Oh god that looks like hell.

Congrats on the baby flowers

fannydaggerz Sat 01-Apr-17 14:55:52

That looks so painful, congratulations on the baby.

Could have have a bath with Epsom salts to help with healing plus arnica tablets for the bruising and also plenty of pain relief.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 01-Apr-17 15:01:37

Is it getting smaller, bigger or staying the same?

Can you wee ok?

I've been a midwife for over a decade and never seen one that bad to be honest. Sympathies, must be as sore as hell.

DixieNormas Sat 01-Apr-17 15:18:30

Oh yes I remember the salt baths, I spent a lot of time in the bath after ds1. I could only pee on all fours for about the first 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now