Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Feeling exhausted and drained - 1 year old DC

(9 Posts)
RC000 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:42:08

Hi all,

I've been feeling utterly exhausted for a few weeks now, definitely more tired than usual I think. Is this normal? Work 2 days a week, DH works long hours so it's just me in the week... is thus just the reality of having a 14 month old or is something wrong with me? I'm a massive worries so I'm obviously concerned I have a serious illness and won't see my DC grow up (mind get a carried away until I stop it!) Should I go to GP? Do they give you blood tests if you ask them?

Sorry if this post seems a bit lame, just seeing reassurance and/or advice.

Tia x

TheBitterBoy Sun 26-Mar-17 13:48:59

Any chance you could be pregnant? Utter exhaustion was my earliest symptom. Alternatively you could be anaemic. Probably worth a trip to the GP for a check up.

SimplyNigella Sun 26-Mar-17 13:49:56

It's hard to tell from your post, I was often exhausted when DS was that age but if you feel it is more than tiredness then definitely get checked out by your GP. If that doesn't give you any answers then I swear by Berocca and Spatone to boost my energy levels, even after sleepless nights and long days.

RC000 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:51:48

Thank you for quick reply - appreciated. I think that's unlikely but I should test incase - totally not prepared if that is the case!

Otherwise think will go to doc. Think a gland is up under my arm which may be related too.

RC000 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:52:52

Thank you Simply Nigella - it's hard to tell whether I'm just knackered or something more tbh. Not helped by when I worry about it!

Mumchatting Sun 26-Mar-17 16:38:20

Go to see your gp, explain how you feel. I'm sure you will be referred to do blood test to check your iron levels.
I went to GP for the same reason when my DS was around 16 months. I was constantly exhausted and I wasn't even working. After checking my blood it turned out that I was very low on iron. Was prescribed iron supplements 3 times a day. It really helped a lot!
It's definitely worth it seeing your GP, all the best.

RC000 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:27:23

Thank you mumchatting - reassuring. I will go to GP this week. Just took a pregnancy test and negative!

RC000 Thu 06-Apr-17 10:01:53

Hi guys - wanted to update and thank you for support. Went to doc for tests and I have hypothyroidism. Hoping to get meds next week. Have referred me for a scan for lymph nodes in neck (which I'm obviously worried about!) but reassured that my symptoms match the thyroid problem. Would encourage anyone who is feeki mg particularly exhausted/low to ask for a blood test. X

TheBitterBoy Sat 08-Apr-17 22:47:44

Glad you went and got checked out, it's too easy to dismiss tiredness when you are a parent to a toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now