Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Hot boobs!

(11 Posts)
Bex134 Fri 17-Mar-17 01:59:08

I wake up in the night really warm and sweaty around my boobs and my pj top is siaked. My actual breasts themselves aren't hot in a mastis type way it's just like that part of my body is hot.

I'm assuming this is just milk production but just wondering if others experience this and if anything helps?

Can tell it's 2am - Just googled 'hot boobs' you can imagine what the search results were! Lol!!

Redken24 Fri 17-Mar-17 02:21:03

I only experienced this when I was pregnant. Man it was awful! I kept a bottle of aloe vera in the fridge to cool me down.

Bex134 Fri 17-Mar-17 05:16:23

Silly question but what did you do with the aloe Vera??

CluelessMummy Fri 17-Mar-17 05:33:04

How many weeks postpartum are you? I would soak the sheets every night with sweat after I gave birth and it carried on for around four weeks. I remember thinking, When will this stop?! It is something to do with milk production but my sleep-deprived memory fails me now!

Bex134 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:10:14

DS is 8 weeks now, it's strange the rest of me is the right temperature and it only happens until his first wake up.

Redken24 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:49:23

I covered my whole top half in it. The cold air on the wet aloe was bliss. Could actually sleep!

Star8181 Sun 19-Mar-17 03:25:20

I'm the same, I wake up after a few hours with sweat literally dripping down my front - so horrible! My baby is 4 weeks and the midwife said it's because of hormones, especially if you are breastfeeding.

Bue Sun 19-Mar-17 04:23:04

This is really common postnatally and unfortunately in my case it went on for months! It's annoying but normal.

Orangedaisy Sun 19-Mar-17 05:53:05

My hv said it's normal too, called it night sweats-DD2 is 4 weeks and I get it most nights (plus milk leaking too, a nice stinky combination). It does go, but last time it took a couple of months.

Bex134 Sun 19-Mar-17 13:19:24

Good to know it's not just me. I've bought some vest tops from primark with the support in and it's helped loads-rather than wearing bra and top! And they were only £2.50!

GrumpetLikesCrumpets Sun 16-Apr-17 21:14:05

We're the Primark vests in the pyjamas section? Would you mind sharing the product number from the Primark vest so I can look them up on line

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now