Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Brown bits in sick-up

(5 Posts)
Admarks Sat 11-Mar-17 08:40:37

Not sure if I should be worried about this - my 11 week old has just possetted but it contained a very small bit of brown in addition to the normal white stuff. She is formula fed so there is no blood from cracked nipples etc.

We had a similar thing (but with much more brown) when she was 3 days old and ebf and we were told (after a thorough check by A&E) it was due to her ingesting blood from my cracked nipples and not to worry. I'm not too sure now! Today's is a much smaller amount than before but I'm still a bit worried, I'm just going to monitor her and if it happens again seek medical advice?!? Or should i seek advice now?

sleepwhatsleep Sat 11-Mar-17 08:47:11

It's more than likely nothing to worry about but there's no harm in seeking advice. Is there a HV you can call? Or maybe you could ring the postnatal ward at your local hospital?

I have no idea or expertise I'm just telling you what i would do.

littlebunnyhophophop Sat 11-Mar-17 08:57:30

That's the tiniest bit of sick I've ever seen confused I wouldn't worry too much about it hmm

Rockingaround Sat 11-Mar-17 09:07:22

It looks like mucus/snot, I wouldn't worry x

Admarks Sun 12-Mar-17 08:32:43

Thank you! My husband also thought it was mucous and no more appeared yesterday! (The rest of the sick was out of shot!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now