Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Huge blood clot 4 months post baby very TMI! Photo

(15 Posts)
GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 14:54:49

Hi I just need a bit of advice. I had my baby 4 months ago in October. I have been back on my normal pill for 3 months. I was due on today and came on as normal. As I was driving home this afternoon I had really bad period pain but just put it down to period pains as you do lol. However when I stepped through the door I felt a huge gush, I went to the toilet to sort myself and found a huge clot! Sorry for TMI but I don't know if I should be worried about it or not. I've not really had any clotting since having my baby. Just a bit of advice really.

Reow Fri 03-Mar-17 15:10:24

Oh dear! Call your GP I think!

Atypicalmother Fri 03-Mar-17 15:15:33

Not GP, 111! DP is a paramedic and said that you need to keep that in a box/tub and show whatever medical professional you see. Anything that big needs looking at.

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:19:49

It was all balled up when I first looked at it this was after I took it off the towel so I actually flushed it away 😕. I wasn't sure if I should have kept it or not hence why I just took pics of it. My periods have always been heavy and I'm having a heavy period now but it's not soaking a towel an hour.

I don't want to seem over dramatic by calling someone about it lol.

The pic is when I first looked at it before I took it out

StarUtopia Fri 03-Mar-17 15:21:42

Put it in a tub - get an appointment now!

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:22:39

I already flushed it away 😕

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:24:02

Are we sure it just doesn't look worse than it actually is?

DayToDayGlobalShit Fri 03-Mar-17 15:31:07

How old are you OP?

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:33:28

I'm 24. Will be 25 in April

blue2014 Fri 03-Mar-17 15:36:06

Just calll 111 it doesn't matter if it turns out to be nothing, better to waste time than risk your health

onthettcbus Fri 03-Mar-17 15:36:43

There's no way you could have been pregnant is there? I would definitely seek advice and keep the photos.

CaroleService Fri 03-Mar-17 15:39:49

I forget what the technical name is but i think it is the lining of the uterus and an umcommon but ok result of menstruation. Will google ...

CaroleService Fri 03-Mar-17 15:40:08

decidual cast ...

www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/body/health/news/a40525/period-decidual-cast-gross-af/

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:42:25

Onthettcbus- I don't think so. I was late to start my pill and we did have sex before I re started it. But I've come on the day I was meant to and it started like a normal period. It's been 3 hours and it's been a normal period so far with the exception of that clot

GemSingleton Fri 03-Mar-17 15:44:46

Thank you for that link. Definitely settled my mind a bit. I feel absolutely fine even the period pain has gone since passing it lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now