Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Hard, pea-sized, painless, breast lump

(2 Posts)
cobaltblue27 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:39:06

Hi everyone,

DS2 will be 10 weeks tomorrow. I have found a small pea-sized lump, hard and smooth, painless, which I don't think moves very much just above and outside my areola. I am going to get an appointment with Gp tomorrow, but feel absolutely terrified. The hardness, painlessness, and immovable nature of it makes it seem very likely it is cancer and I am so frightened. I have suffered from excess milk supply and overactive letdown since the beginning, but I don't think this is a blocked duct as it doesn't hurt. This lump is also in the breast which tends to produce less (although hard to know as I feed more from the other, so hard to work out cause and effect), which is yet another sign of cancer. Does anyone have any similar experience? Am 34, breastfed DS1 for 10 months, don't smoke, and don't have a family history of BC...

Wheresthecoff33 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:21:37

Hi Cobalt. I too had what you described, in the smaller less productive breast. Painless, non mobile, extremely worrisome. I do have a history of BC in my family and was referred for an urgent ultrasound, I am 27. Results came back absolutely fine, I'm sure yours will too. Try not to worry smile but do get it checked ASAP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: