Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Breastfeeding chair

(12 Posts)
NewMum17 Sat 11-Feb-17 00:18:44

Which do you recommend?

Do you use a breastfeeding chair? Where is it purchased from and how much did it cost? They all seem so expensive! Are they really worth it? Reviews please smile

MrsA2015 Sat 11-Feb-17 00:20:19

Personally I didn't end up getting one as laying down to feed was the most comfortable for me for a very long time! Good lucksmile

ItchyFoot Sat 11-Feb-17 00:21:49

We were bought a nursery chair off of Amazon. It rocks and has a foot stool. I did use it for night feeds but only after dd went in to her own room. For the first 6 months I just sat on the side of my bed.
I never used the rocking function and to be honest any chair would have done. Wish I'd gotten one that would have fit into the living room so I could move it when dd dropped night feeds

Cakescakescakes Sat 11-Feb-17 00:22:48

IKEA Poang! And can use it after as well. Used it to feed both my babies and now my 6 yr old sits in it to read.

Mol1628 Sat 11-Feb-17 00:35:08

Ikea poang smile

NewMum17 Sat 11-Feb-17 01:41:56

Thanks for your replies.

Cakescakescakes and Mol1728 would you mind sharing which Poang chair you have? Just looked on IKEA website and there are numerous types!

ExplodedCloud Sat 11-Feb-17 01:47:25

I had an old armchair. It fitted me with one arm up on an arm tilting dc up to feed. It needs to be comfy for a long sit with a support for an arm.

Applesauce29 Sat 11-Feb-17 01:51:25

Just get anything with decent back support. I didn't bother with my first and ended up with backache from sitting on too low sofa for too long in awkward position. Second baby was reflux-y so couldn't feed lying down and nursing chair was a great help, although sitting propped on loads of pillows in bed also comfy.

StrawberryShortcake32 Sat 11-Feb-17 02:24:40

I have the habebe glider. mums2b.co.uk/product/habebe-glider-chair-stool-beech-wood-cream-washable-covers/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5vXEBRChycOl36LPn5EBEiQAJV2-bGt6WVouRDvDlrb4Cq4-JPtWooGp68sUs1Xal6LOgLAaAtVk8P8HAQ

I bought it nearly new off Gumtree.

Best thing I ever did! I don't always use it first feeding him in his room, most of the time I feed him on the sofa in the lounge and then take him to his room but on nights where he's been inconsolable (wind, teething etc) I've been able to recline it back and Co sleep with him in it with him on my chest.

It's meant that on nights where I'd usually get zero sleep, I've gotten a few hours and been able to keep my sanity the next day.

I bought mine for £40 on Gumtree and I'd suggest doing the same. Having one is the best thing ever but the price tag is not. They ate usually in good condition nearly new as the babys grow quick and after a few months you find you've no need for it so you can just sell it on in the sane way.
smile

Mol1628 Sat 11-Feb-17 05:19:42

Just the standard £55 one. And I got a V pillow from amazon too for a bit more support

Cakescakescakes Sat 11-Feb-17 17:13:07

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/armchairs/poäng-armchair-birch-veneer-ransta-red-spr-59125687/

Just the standard one here too. The more expensive versions on the IKEA website are exactly the same frame except maybe in a different colour finish e.g. White wood, or a patterned seat cover. All of the seat cushion bits are interchangeable so you can buy one that fits your baby's room then change it once you want to move it to another room. The cushions are available separately to the frame.

Cakescakescakes Sat 11-Feb-17 17:13:42

And yes to a V pillow. £10 from Dunelm and much better than the special breastfeeding pillow I also bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now