Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding again 3 weeks after birth?

(8 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:07:57

I bled heavy for around 10 days after birth then it got lighter and stopped after about 18 days. Had nothing since then and today at 24 days bammmmm bright red heavy bleeding hmm my baby is in icu and I'm still at the hospital with him (not the hospital I gave birth a different one) so I can't really ask anyone and don't have any visiting me like a midwife as she discharged me at day 10 after all had been good so far...... can this be normal? It's not super heavy where I'm soaking a pad in an hour or anything

Nicnak2223 Mon 30-Jan-17 13:11:13

Speak to someone, ask if you can visit maternity or gynae in the hospital you are in.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:16:30

This is a special heart hospital for people who need heart surgery

lifeisazebracrossing Mon 30-Jan-17 17:37:58

I bled for a good 6-8 weeks after birth. I think it's normal. You have to worry if there are large clots.

Aliveinwanderland Mon 30-Jan-17 17:40:32

I bled on and off for about 6 weeks. It would stop and then start again. As long as it isn't too heavy and doesn't have big clots then I think it's fine.

worrierandwine Mon 30-Jan-17 19:24:21

I bled for 5-6 weeks after DD2. It would seem like it was going to stop then it would start again. If you're worried and feel something is off then speak to GP or HV.

Nikki2ol6 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:28:56

Thanks everyone i feel reassured now

einalem1984 Sun 12-Feb-17 07:28:20

I bled off and on for about 7 weeks after birth but you should still get checked out. Doesn't matter if you've been discharged by midwife I'm sure they won't mind you contacting them or you could as GP or HV for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now