Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Libido

(4 Posts)
haywhenthesunshines Mon 23-Jan-17 08:34:29

I had a baby 9 months ago. I tore very badly and had stitches, the recovery was brutal. Attempted sex at 5 months pp but it was so painful we had to abandon.ended up being cut and re-stitched under general a month ago.
I'm dreading sex. I have zero libido. Also have PND.Don't really know what to do. I'm scared I will lose my husband. my PND is driving him away anyway.
Any advice?I don't know what to do next.

876TaylorMade Mon 23-Jan-17 08:59:28

Speak to him, maybe counselling together.

You shouldn't feel pressured to have sex because of fear you might lose him.

He should be supporting you in as many ways as he can without expecting sex.

Fernanie Mon 23-Jan-17 09:24:52

OP, have you contacted PANDAS or mothers-for-mothers? They might be able to offer some support for you and your husband.
Have you been seeing a physio since getting re-stitched? It shouldn't still be sore - a physio will be able to assess whether the wound has healed as it should.
PND is difficult for the whole family - I feel for you. Look into some of the support groups online; there might be something local near you. And perhaps your husband would benefit from meeting up with other men whose partners are going through the same?

haywhenthesunshines Mon 23-Jan-17 16:57:20

Thanks for your replies.
I definetly don't feel he is pressuring me - I just feel sad really that I am dreading it so much.
Fernanie no haven't seen a physio. Maybe I will speak to my GP. Thanks for your mention of PANDAS, I will look into

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now