Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

How do you know if you've bonded with the baby?

(5 Posts)
Kione Sat 21-Jan-17 15:35:23

My DS is 2 1/2 weeks and I am finding it very hard. Breastfeeding him too and he is big so every 2 hours or so if I am lucky.
He now doesn't let me put him in the cot without crying. I miss my 7 y/o DD and I cry every day.
Usual stuff I suppose.
Midwife asked me if I bonded and I haven't got a clue so she said they're going to keep an eye on me.
Now I keep asking myself if I have bonded with DS?
I just don't know! How do you know??

Kione Mon 23-Jan-17 08:52:40

Anyone? I am still thinking about this

BToperator Mon 23-Jan-17 08:57:11

I think it often comes gradually, so there isn't a specific point that you will know you have bonded. It took a while for me. I can remember when DS was tiny, looking at him, and thinking how odd it was that I had carried him for 9 months, but I didn't really know him. It will come though.

PenelopeFlintstone Mon 23-Jan-17 09:02:50

I agree it comes gradually. I'm glad no one asked me that question. I would've felt that it's a bit too personal, even if she might be close enough to be checking my fanny for damage at 6 weeks!

Kione Mon 23-Jan-17 13:14:52

Thanks for the replies. Good to know it comes over time.
Not a fair question to be asked then, but I suppose the MW was worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now