Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding again

(2 Posts)
ExtraPineappleExtraHam Thu 19-Jan-17 09:51:00

Hello,
DS is 9 weeks, I bled for the first six weeks and then stopped but have just started again. Is this a period or just my womb sorting itself out still? I'm exclusively breastfeeding however he does sleep through the night so I probably have a gap of 6/7 hours where he doesn't feed. I've just started taking the mini pill so maybe that's started it although I thought it would have the opposite effect. Midwives not calling back.

Sardines18 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:27:24

I would think it might be to do with the mini pill because I think it is quite common to have irregular bleeding on that?
Also I think if your baby sleeps through the night it could be possibly your period starting but more likely the mini pill.
I think if you had 3 weeks with no bleeding it's unlikely to still be lochia related. I was still bleeding at 9 weeks but it had never stopped for that long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now