Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

First Period after baby - I don't remember it being like this before!

(3 Posts)

DS2 is 7mo, I breastfed for 6 months and got my first period on Tuesday.

It's absolutely wiped me out! Everything else about it is normal (for me) but I'm exhausted. Even pregnancy wasn't this exhausting!

Out of 4 DC he's the only one to be bf so it was only a month or 2 before my periods were back after the others. I've had to take iron tablets to try and boost myself back up!

Anyone else found this after breastfeeding?

Nameforsaken Thu 12-Jan-17 12:33:33

Yes! One thing that no one seems to tell anyone when having another child is that the shinking cramps after birth are so so so much more painful, esp when breastfeeding. I was doubled over for a week!) And the 1s period after that subsequent child is horrible!

flowers and a hotwater bottle.

Nameforsaken Thu 12-Jan-17 12:36:24

Sorry, didn't really answer your question!
I bf for 2yrs and got my period back when dc were about 2.5yrs. It totally wiped me out but I also remember breasteeding in general totally wiped me out around the 8-9 month mark. I was exhausted, lost weight and weak. I found floradex helped x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now