Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Pp bleeding

(6 Posts)
user546 Mon 09-Jan-17 12:59:51

Hello, my LO is 3 weeks old I stopped bleeding after about 4-5 days and the it come back just like a normal period, the red colour, but come back 2 and half weeks, is that normal? Just a bit worried that's all
Tia x

Carsearching Mon 09-Jan-17 20:39:46

My bleeding was on and off for a few weeks post partum and did occasionally go to bright red again after tailing off which worried me also. Midwife always told me just to take things easy and as long as bleeding wasn't picking up in volume to a worrying amount or smelling bad or having any tummy pain it was probably fine. These things can take their time. If you are at all worried do ring the midwife number though I'm sure they can reassure you. Congratualtions and look after yourself the post partum weeks are hard and what your body has been through is a bit daunting!

user546 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:52:22

Thank you and I've been discharged from midwife but my family nurse told me what just have worries me because everytime I google it I come across remained placenta or something 🙈 I'd say it's just like a period amount to be honest I did have stomach pains a few days ago but they went away x

Slothlikesundays Mon 09-Jan-17 20:55:27

I had this. The bleeding continued until my 8 week check. I went for a scan and it was retained placenta, I had antibiotics and it cleared quickly. Keep and eye on it. What you've described is completely normal but if it continues last 6 weeks post partum contact your doctor.

Slothlikesundays Mon 09-Jan-17 20:55:51

*past 6 weeks

user546 Sun 15-Jan-17 09:46:09

Went to the hospital a few days ago as started clotting and turned out to be an infection x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now