Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Contraception and bleeding postpartum

(3 Posts)
Rif3121M Fri 06-Jan-17 10:38:37

I'm two weeks postpartum and have pretty much stopped bleeding I want to go to the docs to start on a contraceptive. However because it is so early might be told no, I'm not in a rush for sex but cause my OH and I are quite close and I'm feeling great I don't want to get caught short or anything. Just curious how soon after having ur baby did u start on any method of contraceptives. I'm on DC2 and even though it was a really quick really painful delivery I'm feeling really good. Any thoughts, personal experiences? Xx

dementedpixie Fri 06-Jan-17 11:30:27

You would start hormonal contraception on day 21 to be covered straight away. Also depends if you are breastfeeding as that limits some of your options

mimiholls Fri 06-Jan-17 14:01:53

You can start on progesterone only pill while breastfeeding. You won't be refused contraception, you can start as soon as you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now