Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Piles, constipation and stitches (tmi)

(10 Posts)
Laurens93245 Thu 05-Jan-17 16:27:45

Ahh gave birth on 31st Dec had a small tear and stitches which is fine. I'm now on day 5 and I'm constipated, got piles and it's agony. I'm too scared to push through as the stitches are still sore and I'm scared I'll tear again. My body is saying it needs a number 2 but when I get here it won't let me through the constipation and piles. I need help 😩 The pain and uncomfortableness is driving me mad. I've used cream and constantly drinking boiling water with lemon but nothing is working

deste Thu 05-Jan-17 16:30:38

I was the same but was ok once the stitches were removed. Try Allbran it usually works.

mowgelijeffs Thu 05-Jan-17 16:33:28

Have you used a laxative? Please please please see the doctor.
I had such bad constipation when I was pregnant with a nephrostomy that I had to have an enema in A&E after being unable to move and bleeding. I had impaction. It took less then a week to happen!! Good luck

Funnyface1 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:08:03

Prune juice will really help you go without having to push. You can get lactulose from the pharmacy without a prescription, this will keep things soft. If you can get to the doctor ask for movicol to help you go and keep it soft. Ask for uniroid for the poles, brilliant stuff. Best of luck.

Funnyface1 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:08:55

Autocorrect! Piles.

Laurens93245 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:33:39

Thank you everyone, a trip out tomorrow to get supplies then 😊👍🏼

QueenoftheAndals Thu 05-Jan-17 21:35:08

Glycerin suppositories are good too as they tackle the problem from the other end and soften things up.

mowgelijeffs Fri 06-Jan-17 20:07:47

Did you go?

Laurens93245 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:22:44

Yes 2:30am this morning my body couldn't take it anymore and I just needed to go. I'm abit sore today but stomach is a lot better. Be happy when these stitches heal fully and I don't have to worry about going anymore

mowgelijeffs Fri 06-Jan-17 20:51:54

Glad to hear it. I had a cesarian and was afraid i would rip open but I didn't and felt so much better. Was so windy afterwards as well .. Let it or as much as poss. Keep on with laxatives. The suppositories are amazing but they are so unpleasant whilst you try to keep them in for half an hour x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now