Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

So confused. PND or am I seriously run down???

(9 Posts)
Mama2708 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:57:17

Hi mums, I am so desperate for some advice.

My gorgeous little boy is now 14 weeks old and doing great, he also sleeps very well and I have lots of support and opportunities to have time to myself if I need it. However....

To get right to the point, I am not tired but I am drop dead exhausted where I feel like I can hardly function. I am constantly lightheaded, stuffy ears, feel in a daze and I never feel rested. I am struggling to sleep but even when I've tried nytol and managed to sleep I still only feel ok for a few hours then next day before I'm drained again. This is constant for me and I am massively fed up. I also get a weird pressure in my ears when I'm lying down trying to sleep and I can heard my pulse a bit? So odd.

As well as this, I am starting to feel quite low in mood becuase I honestly can not imagine feeling normal ever again 😩. My low mood isn't every day though but I can't shake it at all and it's a frightening thought. This is starting to get worse and it's triggering some horrible anxiety. What a mess!!!

I've seen a GP twice and they both said it's just the pressures of being a new mum but this definitely is NOT right. I was aenimic after an emergency c section but my bloods apparently came back fine about 8 weeks ago.

Has anyone experienced this as I am really confused as to whether it's possibly PND creeping up on me or if my physical symptoms are causing me to feel down.

So confused!!!!!

Haggisfish Sun 25-Dec-16 01:00:57

Ask for blood test and make sure they test your thyroid. It can go a bit overactive after birth. Post partum thyroiditis.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 25-Dec-16 01:19:52

I was going to mention Anaemia. I know your iron levels are normal but could you try some iron rich foods or a supplement and see if that helps?

Haggis' suggestion is very good too.

Mama2708 Sun 25-Dec-16 01:21:44

Thanks for your replys, I'm deffo heading back the docs as soon as they open for another appointment.

They keep hinting that I'm anxious and that's what the symptoms are but I feel the symptoms are making me stressed out!!

So frustrating 🙈

QuestionableMouse Sun 25-Dec-16 01:21:55

You sound like me a couple of months ago. I was badly anemic and had a really low bit D. I'd ask them to retest.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 25-Dec-16 09:04:21

Spatone is supposed to be a good iron supplement as it allegedly doesn't have one of the major side effects which you can experience with other iron supplements IYGWIM.

QuestionableMouse Sun 25-Dec-16 17:51:01

I got the runs from iron tablets. They don't always bung you up.

Oly5 Sun 25-Dec-16 17:55:29

I felt like this for six months after my first baby and then it went away. I was utterly exhausted, had insomnia and found life hard. Don't underestimate what being a new mum can do to you

SheepyFun Sun 25-Dec-16 17:56:32

You say your son sleeps well; does he sleep through the night (by that, I mean can you have at least 8 hours uninterrupted sleep)? I thought I was getting PND with DD, but when she was 6 months old, DH took over the nights (she still isn't a good sleeper), and after about a week of getting proper sleep, I felt much better. Worth a try if your sleep is interrupted, and your DP is able to do the nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now