Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Exercise after 4th degree tear

(3 Posts)
Boomies Sun 18-Dec-16 10:47:55

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had experience of getting back to exercise after a 4th degree tear and if so what kind of things you did. I appear to be healing well but physio advised no high impact (running/jumping) for up to 6months and I get pelvic/colon pain if I walk at a fast pace for more than 30mins. I was previously really active and used to throwing on trainers and going for a run so finding it hard not to be and exclusively breast feeding I don't have the opportunity to get to classes at the moment.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 18-Dec-16 15:20:00

Not had a 4th degree tear so can't be of much help. I know you are bfing but you you manage a class say in the morning at the weekend if you've already fed baby?

Helspopje Sun 18-Dec-16 15:25:10

May I point you in the direction of jessie mundell of mundell lifestyles? She is a fab font of all knowledge pre and postnatal trainer. Her core and restore programme might help your insides feel a bit more normal and get you back to doing what you enjoy.

I used a pt last time as i had some specific issues and goals. It worked well for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now