Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Granulated scar tissue

(5 Posts)
SpottedScarf Fri 09-Dec-16 05:29:53

Hi,
I had my first baby 9 weeks ago, and needed an episiotomy and had second degree tearing. My midwife told me, as she was sewing me up, that she'd not had a tear so awkward before, and had several attempts to resew me, and making sure everything went back to where it's meant to be (sorry, tmi). Anyway, we got there eventually and all was fine.

I'm now totally healed up, and all was good at my 6 week check.

However, I noticed a slight sting when peeing and when I looked, noticed a sore red area just at the bottom of my vagina which looked like a graze (again, sorry tmi!)

Went back to gp, who told me she thinks it's granulated scar tissue and I may need it cauterised. Has anyone else had this? What was the cauterisation like and did it help?

sycamore54321 Sat 17-Dec-16 16:07:41

I had this with a 'straightforward' 2nd degree episiotomy. It was identified at my six week check and cauterised there and then with some form of chemical on a little swab. It stung a little at the time then quite a bit later that day, so I'd advise asking about a precautionary painkiller. However the thought of it was far worse than the reality. I had a follow up appointment four weeks later and was told everything had resolved.

Best of luck.

sycamore54321 Sat 17-Dec-16 16:49:05

Sorry for second post - the name of the treatment had just come back to me. Silver nitrate. Honestly for me, it sounded a million times worse than it was. The idea of burning bits off your bits is never going to be appealing!

dingalong Sat 17-Dec-16 16:52:20

I had silver nitrate too (twice). I took some nurofen/paracetamol beforehand - it stung a little for a while but it honestly wasn't too bad.
A wasp sting would be worse

OneSauvTwoSauvThreeSauvFloor Sun 18-Dec-16 22:12:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now