Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Red bleeding 4 weeks after birth

(5 Posts)
Sardines18 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:01:54

I have already posted 2 other threads on this so apologies but I am still concerned about this.
I have only ever had bright red bleeding since I gave birth 4 weeks ago. The amount has dwindled to that of a light period on and off but this doesn't seem to be normal according to various sources on lochia after birth.
I have asked my health visitor and maternity assessment about this and they said to see my gp if I was worried.
I went to see my gp and they just gave me antibiotics incase of infection yet I have no symptoms of infection.
I feel fine apart from the fact I keep having this bright red bleeding on and off. I'm not being particularly active either so it can't be to do with that.
I guess I'm just looking for any similar experiences. This is starting to get me down because I feel it's not right.

Bumplovin Tue 15-Nov-16 10:35:49

Id go back to your gp if you are concerned or see a different gp if you want a second opinion?

blurredlines Tue 15-Nov-16 11:24:35

Please get it checked out. I had this for 6 weeks . Was sat in a busy restaurant and started to get a huge amount of blood and big clots pouring out of me. Turns out a had retained placenta which had to be removed.

ExtraPineappleExtraHam Wed 14-Dec-16 01:54:32

I'm in the same boat, bleeding seems to be getting worse not better. Going to book to see the dr tomorrow, I'll let you know what they say.

Sardines18 Wed 14-Dec-16 23:03:21

Mine has dwindled here and there for a further 4 weeks, looks like it's stopping then started up again. Have been to see another GP and they think it is hormonal and suggested going on the mini pill.
Have also been referred for a scan. Hopefully it stops soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now