Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Back pain after spd

(7 Posts)
GipsyDanger Wed 12-Oct-16 20:48:36

Hello ladies
I was wondering if anyone has come across the same issues as myself. I had spd when I was pregnant, definitely not as bad as some (I wasn't on crutches or anything) but bad enough that each night was agony, I only got about 20 mins on each side before my hips hurt so bad I had to shift over. Cue 7 months later (after ds birth) my lower back is still pretty sore. At it's worse I can't lie on my front in bed, it hurts my back too much. It's like I can't straighten my back iyswim. The pain is localised right in the base of my spine at my hips. Is this worth going to the doctor over. Some days it doesn't hurt much at all. I'm not really a doctor kind of person, just pop paracetamol and get on with it. I just want to make sure I'm not buggering up my back further down the line by ignoring the problem.

Wolfiefan Wed 12-Oct-16 20:50:32

I would visit GP.
Have you had your tummy muscles checked? I had lots of back pain and it turned out mine had split and not knitted back together again. Had physio and that sorted it.

GipsyDanger Wed 12-Oct-16 20:57:44

I don't think they have ever checked that. I think I will phone. Chances are I won't be seen for a couple of weeks anyway

Wolfiefan Wed 12-Oct-16 21:02:24

But at least if you need physio etc you will start the ball rolling. Better to do that than risk it getting worse.
Good luck.

GipsyDanger Wed 12-Oct-16 21:21:41

Thank you! I'll ask about the stomach muscles as well

champagneplanet Wed 12-Oct-16 21:29:49

Get a referral for physio. I had it with DD, right at the end of my pregnancy and afterwards, I literally struggled to get up and down the stairs in the weeks after her birth and they told me it was sciatica!

I found if I lay in one position too long my hips would 'lock' into place, it was also very achey and uncomfortable. I went for physio, be warned its not a quick fix and you have to do the exercises for a long time but it does get better. I still suffer occasionally if I've overdone it and it's four years later now. Be careful lifting your DC as they get older too.

squeezed Wed 12-Oct-16 21:34:20

I'm slowly building up my core and my back muscles after spd and HG pregnancy ruined my body. My back aches some mornings after sleep but it is getting easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now