As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

5 months postpartum and falling apart!!

(7 Posts)
pinky17 Wed 12-Oct-16 20:43:29

Hi ladies! I'm a mum of 2, I have DD of 3 years and DS who is now 5 months. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 5 months but am getting so fed up with all the postpartum symptoms i'm getting.

My periods came back instantly as I chose to formula feed DS (DD was EBF for 4 months) and they have been chronic! Super super heavy and contraction-like stomach cramps. Every month I keep saying to OH "if the next one is this bad i'll go back on the pill". I keep hoping and expecting them to ease off a bit and eventually get back to normal but no sign yet. Sorry if this next bit is TMI but I have to wear a tampon and a towel as they are so heavy and still have to change regularly but the towels are causing me to get excema "down there" which is just excruciating! I have cream from the doctors for it so until my periods lessen there isn't much more I can do! Will they ever be normal again!?

Secondly, my postpartum hair loss is incredible. I'm amazed I actually have any hair left! I clean my brush out every day, it's all over the house and comes out in handfuls. Showing no signs of stopping! I had this with DD but regretfully had all my hair cut off and i'm trying to resist doing it again! Any idea when this tends to stop and the delightful regrowth begins?

Thanks girls, any advice appreciated.

#verybusymummy #frazzledbutlovingit

MrsMxo Tue 18-Oct-16 19:55:01

I'm 3 months postpartum and just recently had my first period less than a week ago, i was extremely heavy for the first 2 days and like you had too wear a tampon and a pad and change every hour. So i think that may be normal and you may need too just ride it out, but if it constists i'd go to your doctor as i was only on my period for less than a week.

I haven't experienced any hair loss during pregnancy or after but my friend did quite badly, and she started using the Mum shampoo thats specifically designed for hair loss after pregnancy. Have you tried this? I've seen it in the baby aisle in Asda and also seen it in Savers.

I hope you get some relief from it all soon! Xx

Astro55 Tue 18-Oct-16 19:57:05

Apparently you hold on to more hair during pregnancy - so hair loss may seem excessive - but it's just hair you would have lost anyway.

Rebocalucy Mon 24-Oct-16 09:44:49

My periods are so heavy but have been getting lighter, I'm 4 months PP, also my hair has just started falling out and It's actually scary how much falls out ! Just hang in there xxx

galaxygirl45 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:54:44

I'd go back to your GP - your iron levels may be low with the heavy bleeding which doesn't make you feel great either, and could be also be contributing to your hair loss. There are medications that can help, I went for a Mirena coil - periods stopped within 3 months, and its a much lower hormone dose than the pill (i couldn't take it due to migraine attacks). You don't have to put up with that, life's hard enough with young kids let alone coping with that every month. Hope things improve soon.

galaxygirl45 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:58:37

Regarding the sanitary towels, it could be the chemicals in them you are sensitive to. Naty do a range (they do the natural nappies) and Natracare I think, you can find them online or in health food shops .

pinky17 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:18:03

Thank you so much for all you help and advice ladies, think i'll get checked out! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now