Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Not sure whether to see the doctor or not?

(2 Posts)
sammyjayneex Sun 02-Oct-16 22:20:13

So my
Baby is 17 weeks old Tuesday and I've been exclusively breastfeeding him, no bottles and no formula at all. This past two weeks I've been spotting even though my periods returned 6 weeks ago ( it was a normal period, normal flow and duration) and I was due another period this month but I didn't have a proper period this month it was just spotting for two weeks when I wipe. Also during this two week my
Baby's bowel movements have changed, he used to do 4 a day and now he does one every few days and my letdown is not having during some feeds, it's not just because I can't feel it, it's not happening because he gets upset and frustrated. I am wondering whether I should see a doctor but I'm scared to go because every time I go to tell them about any symptoms I'm having I'm just issued antidepressants. I went last week because form the past 4 years I've had a number of symptoms that have never been explained and I have been told my blood tests are Normal and have been given anti depressants twice (I'm not depressed) and now I'm worried somethings really wrong with my body and its affecting my milk supply. I spoke to PALS and they've just said they can't help as its all down to my doctor. The doctor said to me 'I'm not gonna refer you to an encrineologist because it will be wasting your time' and then handed me an antidepressant prescriptions ????? I'm so worried and stressed out!!!

BifsWif Sun 02-Oct-16 22:24:21

Go and insist on seeing another doctor, speak to the practice manager if you can.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now