Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

6 week postnatal check

(4 Posts)
sammyjayneex Fri 29-Jul-16 23:19:37

Do you actually go to your postnatal check? Does the doctor send you a reminder or do you just book it yourself. My baby is 7 weeks old and I've not been. I went after having my girls but not sure I should bother this time as not much really happens in the appointments. Has anyone else not bothered?

gunting Fri 29-Jul-16 23:28:41

I ended up having my at the first vaccination appointment when my son was 10 weeks old. They checked him more than me.

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 29-Jul-16 23:31:26

I didn't have one for my first two DC, I just didn't get round to making the appointment. This time around I'm told they don't do them anymore.

LumpishAndIllogical Sat 30-Jul-16 12:31:03

When I left hospital after having my son, funnily enough 6 weeks ago today, the hospital was very insistent everyone made sure they went to 6 week check. However some surgeries do 6 weeks check same time as 8 week vaccination.

This my second DC and although I feel good in myself the 6 week check will check up on health of baby. I feel he's perfectly healthy but docs visit may spot something I don't. Also I want my stitches checked due to some concerns.

I can understand if you don't have any concerns for your self not wanting to go but I thought doc checked for certain things in baby? I may be wrong??
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now