Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

C section recovery queries

(3 Posts)
tintinenamerique Tue 05-Jul-16 20:26:37

I'm a week on from my second c section. The first left me with a very neat scar and a small shelf which despite my efforts I couldn't lose. This time around my wound has opened at one end. It's not infected but looks pretty grim. Mw and dr unconcerned but I'm worried it's going to heal and look hideous. Can anyone shed any light on what I'm likely to expect? I know it's all aesthetical and it's not important in the grand scheme of things. Feeling generally hormonal and upset about the potentially horrid scar.
Also, how long did people really wait before lifting toddlers? I'll be 3 weeks post partum when my husband goes back to work but I'm really missing playing normally with my 2 year old (as is he), what are the chances of some normality being resumed soon???

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 05-Jul-16 20:31:50

Hi, I had the same after 2nd c section, a small section that was 'open' and a bit gunky looking. I've just looked at my scar grin (a year on) and it is fine, a thin white line with slightly pinky edges, no worse than after the first one. No sign of where it took longer to heal up. I'm quite proud of my scar grin

tintinenamerique Tue 05-Jul-16 20:45:30

Thank you. You've made my day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now