As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Breastfeeding snacking

(5 Posts)
MortimersRaven Fri 20-May-16 10:56:22

Hi all, any recommendations for healthy and easy breastfeeding snacks that will boost my energy? My DS is 5 weeks old and not really sleeping, cluster feeding most of the day and night! I've taken to munching my way through biscuits and cakes all night in an effort to keep myself awake with the sugar but now my skin is breaking out in spots and I'm feeling mega unhealthy. I'm working on getting the LO to sleep anywhere other than on me but in the meantime would love to hear what energy boosting snacks worked for you... Cheers ladies xxx

Ratbagratty Fri 20-May-16 11:12:32

Dried fruit, chopped up vegetables and salad bits in little pots in fridge, nuts (if u can), flapjack but watch sugar content, dark chocolate occasionally!

Ratbagratty Fri 20-May-16 11:13:26

Forgot to add good luck and enjoy it! Oh also travel mugs with your fave drink in helped me too.

adjsavedmylife Mon 30-May-16 12:42:03

Full fat yoghurt and milk, also those little portions of proper cheddar. Slices of Parma ham. Good luck!

ChocolateHelps Mon 30-May-16 15:44:21

Nutrient dense foods that you can grab, maybe partner can prepare for you so it's one less thing for you to do? Things like cold roast chicken, veg tortilla, more protein, less cakes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now