Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Yellow lochia 7 weeks post birth

(5 Posts)
Rozdeek Tue 03-May-16 19:31:37

I'm still having yellow lochia 7 weeks post birth. Is this normal? Doesn't smell bad but it's very annoying!!!

PixieMiss Thu 05-May-16 05:52:53

I still had this up to 6 weeks after giving birth. You're right, it is really annoying having to wear a pad every night but it does come to an end.

Have you had your postnatal check with your GP yet?

Rozdeek Thu 05-May-16 13:01:54

Yes had my check yesterday and she wanted to do a swab for infection but I don't think it's an infection as no other symptoms...

CallMeMousie Thu 05-May-16 13:05:29

I would get it checked. I had yellow lochia 3 weeks after DS2 was born. No other signed of infection, read that it could be normal so I kind of shrugged it off. Then the smell got worse and I went back to the GP - turned out I had a piece of the string from the induction caught in my cervix! Of course I then needed a strong course of antibiotics and DS2 and I both struggled with thrush as a result...really wish I hadn't written off the idea of an infection and had got it all checked sooner. A swab can't hurt, can it?

Rozdeek Thu 05-May-16 15:05:39

Oh yes I'll do the swab smile just wondered if anyone else had the same experience.

She gave me a take home swab kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now