Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding after sex

(2 Posts)
verymerryberries Wed 20-Apr-16 21:48:47

I had a difficult birth 11 weeks ago and ended up with a 3rd degree tear. I thought I was starting to feel relatively normal again and so thismorning I had sex with my partner for the first time in ages, it was a bit uncomfortable but not so painful I wanted to stop. Anyway, I have been bleeding lightly since, do you think this is normal? To be honest, I don't know how well I have healed down below, nobody has checked, I have hospital referrals over the next couple of months so I assume that's why the gp didn't check at my 8 week appointment. Any advice would be greatly received, thanks!

Teddypom Wed 27-Apr-16 16:33:25

Hi there! I feel quite relieved to read your post!
I gave birth 7 weeks ago and, as a result, came away with a 2nd degree tear (which was left to heal naturally).
Last week I had my 6 week check - the nurse didn't examine me. (It's more of a check for the baby rather than us)!
Anyway, I too had sex with my partner at the weekend. I could feel a slight soreness inside which I can only describe as feeling a bit like a graze. I also bled slightly afterwards.
I am thinking that we must of tried too soon!
I wonder how long you're supposed to wait before having sex after tearing?
Unfortunately I don't have any further follow up appointments - would be interested to know how you get on with those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now