As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Feeling low!

(3 Posts)
Gingerbiscuit22 Thu 17-Mar-16 03:19:48

Hi all
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place, but here goes.

My little girl is 8 weeks old, she hasn't been the easiest baby, she has colic and reflux. About 3-4weeks ago she went through a stage of constantly crying, which really got me down. What's been really playing on my mind recently is that, I really don't feel as though I've bonded with her, and this is making me feel awful! What kind of mother feels like that!
I was just wondering if anyone else ever felt like this?
Thanks

suspiciousofgoldfish Sat 19-Mar-16 03:11:10

The first few weeks are hard. The first year is hard. Then come the toddler years...... You get where I am going with this don't you! grin

You are not alone, don't worry! Everyone feels overwhelmed/underwhelmed/low/teary/fed up at some stage. Completely normal.

You hear all this "oh, from the moment I set eyes on my baby have never experienced love like it!" Etc.....
Tbh when they dragged ds1 out eventually, I was a bit like "is he okay? All healthy? Good, now where's them drugs?"

As they get older and develop their little quirks and character, you will find your feelings grow. New born babies don't really do an awful lot. Don't feel guilty. (Pointless me telling you not to feel guilty, it's part of motherhood. Welcome to the club)

Try to take care of yourself, get rest, accept help from family and friends, make sure you get a bit of 'you' time.

If you have any friends who are new mums talk to them. You will hear that they all probably feel the same. Those who say they don't are probably lying wink

What you are describing sounds totally normal so try not to let it worry you. Congratulations on your baby smile

divafever99 Sat 19-Mar-16 03:38:16

I felt like this after dd1, she had terrible reflux, it was such hard work. I remember breaking down in front of my gp at her 8 week check. She sent the health visitor round for a chat and that really helped. She visited me quite regularly for the first few months. I also remember crying to my dh that dd didn't feel like she was "mine". It can all be very overwhelming. People saying i should enjoy this "special time" just made things worse. dd is now 5, we now have a fantastic relationship. New born babies can be a bit boring and dd was a few months old when I started to enjoy her. Congratulations on your baby, and please try to talk to someone about how you are feeling flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now