Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

aching muscles/ joints with newborn

(9 Posts)
angelpuffs Wed 09-Mar-16 07:18:55

Hi all
Anyone else aching in weird places since having your baby and carrying/holding it? My shoulders and knees/ankles ache- especially in the mornings and I feel ancient! Please tell me this is normal! My baby is nearly 7 weeks old....

elephantfeet Wed 09-Mar-16 10:27:26

My baby is 7 weeks today and my knees are really sore...also the bottom of my back when I carry him in a sling but that's probably my fault for not doing it right!

angelpuffs Wed 09-Mar-16 13:02:42

Glad it's not just me! My arm too from holding her to feed....I wonder why the knees though? X

Cupcakegirl13 Wed 09-Mar-16 14:25:28

I had dreadful knee pain post natally for several months, it did eventually go on its own smile

Skiptonlass Thu 10-Mar-16 11:13:38

I'm five months post birth and I have this all over. Pretty bad pain in wrists, knees back and hips all very achy. Even my finger joints hurt.
My baby has broken me

ohthegoats Thu 10-Mar-16 22:26:03

Mine is currently 16 months and I still have this!

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 10-Mar-16 22:48:46

Get your thyroid checked. I had this and my GP wrote it off as general aches and pains from having a baby but after nearly a year and several pointless appointments it had got worse, hair thinning (again, expected post baby), depression (PND) and various other ailments all written off as "well, what do you expect, you have a new baby". Turned out my thyroid was shot to shit (again, very common after childbirth) so if it doesn't improve get a blood test for vitamin deficiency and thyroid function.

camperjam Fri 08-Apr-16 09:06:25

My baby is 7 weeks old today and my knees, wrists and knuckles hurt. Not sure what is causing it though

slebmum1 Fri 08-Apr-16 11:03:50

It's something to do with hormones, relaxin maybe? It's normal and will disappear. I had really bad ankles for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now