Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

prolapse?

(8 Posts)
s098 Sat 05-Mar-16 14:34:17

For the last week or so ive had a weird feeling in my vagina, kind of like a bubble. It has been on and off but today feels worse. Its really irritating and making me feel worse than i already do after having a baby. I gave birth 7 weeks ago so is it possible for a prolapse to happen a few weeks after birth or does usually happen straight away?
I should of had a 6 week check yesterday but i changed it as it was with a male doctor and my new appointment isn't for 2 weeks.

KatyN Sat 05-Mar-16 20:36:34

I didn't feel my prolapse until several weeks after my first. For me it felt like I didn't have a tampon in properly. I got it checked by my gp and was then referred to physio.

4 years on I never feel it anymore. I did a LOT of pelvic floor exercises! (I've also had a second child and it didn't come back)

K

WipsGlitter Sat 05-Mar-16 20:49:14

Mine came well after I had DS2. I took a look with a mirror and it was obvious.

s098 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:52:29

Oh sad thats what its started to feel like. Feel really rubbish about it, thought id got away with not doing too much damage to my body!
Will it be ok to leave it 2 weeks till my check up with the gp or is ot something that needs looking at straight away?

s098 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:55:17

I dont dare have a look especially after all the stitches. Did try and have a feel and something doesn't feel 'right'

WipsGlitter Sat 05-Mar-16 21:55:32

It will be ok to leave it. Mine got a bit better although I saw my obgyn this week and it's still there but it doesn't bother me!

PurplePotatoes Sun 06-Mar-16 16:33:34

Oh I think might have this, I haven't been able to insert a tampon properly since having my daughter 2 years ago. I'm pregnant again so am.seeing the GP next week just to check it won't cause any issues giving birth again, does anyone know?

Havalina1 Mon 14-Mar-16 11:37:14

KatieN your post is very encouraging. What type of prolapse did you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now