As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding after childbirth

(4 Posts)
Naughty1205 Tue 23-Feb-16 21:30:48

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience of bleeding almost completely easing off but suddenly very heavy a week postpartum? My baby was born a week ago, have had pretty average blood loss and it was light for the last 2 days. This evening I could feel (tmi apologies) it gushing out of me, and had some cramping. It was bright red blood. Wonder should I ring someone as it has eased off again or should I be more concerned? Anyone any similar experience? Thanks for reading

Unhappyexpat Sun 28-Feb-16 18:07:53

Yup. Mine was on and off for a couple of months., gushing tended to happen when I did too much.
If you have pain that's severe, fever or are soaking through pads call your midwife/doc

MadAboutFourteen Fri 04-Mar-16 14:07:26

Are you BFing? Uterine contractions can cause an increase in flow.

Naughty1205 Sat 12-Mar-16 09:02:47

Apologies, in the haze I forgot that I had even put this post up blush Thanks for your replies. It eased off. I was bfing but that came to an end. It's been 3.5 weeks now and still bleeding a bit but normal. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now