Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

baby names

(5 Posts)
Froggy34 Tue 09-Feb-16 13:46:00

I wrote on here a couple of weeks ago about changing my babies name because I already have another child with the same initial and a child with a different initial!!
I was diagnosed with PND and anxiety because of this and am receiving counselling.
I still keep having this thought about changing her name,deep down my husband doesn't want to and I have a 5 and 3 year old that call her her name!!
I don't know what to do it's such a big thing,any advice please??

bitingcat Tue 09-Feb-16 13:56:08

Sorry you're having a difficult time, PND can feel like a real struggle. I really don't think initials matter in the greater scheme of things. Did you love the name when you first chose it? Does your baby have a middle name that you could try using for a bit to see how you all feel about it? Sorry I don't have any better advice, I am currently signed off with depression myself, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone. You will feel better and one day you will look back and all the stress this has caused will be but a memory.flowers

Froggy34 Wed 10-Feb-16 08:51:11

Do you mind me asking what your signed off for?is it postnatal?
Will I get better??how do I get stronger?x

bitingcat Wed 10-Feb-16 14:51:19

Not pnd this time, I did get better from that but I didn't get offered counselling so it was a.longer recovery. This time I am getting counselling and it is helping. Stick with the counselling and be kind to yourself. Talk to a friend in real life if you can, you will get stronger and better.

Froggy34 Wed 10-Feb-16 21:15:29

Thanks bitingcat,I'm on medication and counselling!!i know I'm going to improve I just think mine might take longer than others,I have spoken to all my family and close friends about it,and some people who have had PND as well,but they seemed to be quicker than me x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now