Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

is it time for the GP?

(3 Posts)
waitingforsomething Wed 03-Feb-16 11:04:05

I have a 3.3yr old and a 6mo baby. I was due to return to work soon but my dh has been offered a contract abroad for a year so I have handed int notice so we can all go sometime in the next 3 months. I loved my job and felt a bit sad. Ive never lived abroad and am feeling sick with nerves. I am finding it hard at home with my children, I am so bored and don't Have as many friends as I used to- many friends I met through dd with 2nd babies have returned to work already as their babies are a bit older and I haven't had much success at baby groups this time round.
I am finding myself very tearful and feeling like my life is becoming a bit pointless. I'm not even a good mum- couldn't Breast feed, shout at my dd sometimes, let her watch too much tv. I hate soft play and toddler groups and have to force myself. I don't even have a job to go to and have been rejected from a couple of interviews in the country we are moving to. I'm crying a lot- is it just a lot of change and I will get better soon or should I see a gp? Feeling pretty fucking miserable to be honest.

HappyHeart87 Wed 03-Feb-16 11:11:55

Hey OP. Firstly thanks for all the change and upsetness. I think feeling low and a bit overwhelmed is totally understandable given your situation.

And I am sure on some level you know this, so it's not my intention to patronise you, but not BFing, too much TV and occasional shouting doesn't make you a bad mum. You sound to me like a good Mum who's making some difficult sacrifices for the sake of her family.

The fact that you're wondering about the GP suggests to me that it might be a good idea. Do you know what you'd want as the outcome of an appointment?

waitingforsomething Wed 03-Feb-16 11:22:29

I don't know. I'm sure it's not normal to cry for most of the day so I just think maybe the GP is the right stop. I'm sensible enough to understand depression and mood disorders I just haven't had one so not sure it's what I'm feeling. I feel so bloody lonely even though I do know people and feel like I'm just not being good enough for my kids.
Ive made a big sacrifice for my dh and perhaps its at my own expense and happiness. Usually if I feel unhappy with a situation I'll change it but I can't - ive quit my job and agreed to this move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now