Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

stitches from a tear

(6 Posts)
tinyme135 Sun 31-Jan-16 20:39:00

I had my lovely ds 15 days ago and he was born naturally and rather quick for my first (so I was told). I had a 2nd degree tear and had to have stitches. yesterday when I wiped after going to the toilet I noticed some of my stitches was in the toilet paper and again today but there was more this time. also where the stitches are there is fresh red blood too and it's stinging too.

has this happened to anyone else and will it still heal up on its own?

techgirl Sun 31-Jan-16 20:51:58

mention it to the midwife if you're still getting visits from her (or to health visitor if not). Things are probably healing by now and its ok for stitches to come out but if bleeding gets heavier/lot of pain and mw/hv aren't available get a gp appt.

DangerMouth Sun 31-Jan-16 20:55:51

Are you bathing? I was advised not to bath for too long. Definitely mention it to your mw.

tinyme135 Sun 31-Jan-16 21:11:57

I'm sitting in warm water with lavender oil but not for too long. not seeing mw no more but got hv on Wednesday I'll talk to her then. I've also got go appointment tomorrow so I might ask then too

tinyme135 Sun 31-Jan-16 21:12:34

gp*

DangerMouth Sun 31-Jan-16 21:59:12

Sorry l was told second time around not to bath for too long or every day. If you're not seeing mw again I'd definitely speak to gp to get it checked in case your stitches need to be done again.

I never let anyone check mine both times (too soon, couldn't stand the thought of anyone down there! ) so l know it isn't easy but l also felt certain my stitches were healing fine whereas yours might not be sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now