Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding after opening bowels & lump under nipple

(3 Posts)
Frillsandspillsx2 Tue 19-Jan-16 22:29:50

My DS is now 8 weeks old and since giving birth I often have a little bit of blood when opening my bowels, I thought it might be piled that would clear themselves up. Today after going the toilet and wiping (sorry tmi) there was lots of blood and a small blood clot.

Has anyone ever had experience of this?

Also, I'm not breastfeeding although I'm still lactating and under my right areola there is a small lump which worried me, however as I'm lactating still I wonder if it could me a blocked milk duct or something? It's not painful, probably the size of a chocolate chip.

I will try and see my GP tomorrow but for peace of mind I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything similar.

Thank you!

Cupcakesandlove Wed 20-Jan-16 15:48:54

Have you used pile treatment? Why don't u use it for a week along with some laxatives then see if the blood continues?
I had an internal pile and this helped me

Ambermacy84 Mon 25-Jan-16 13:19:50

Hi just wondered if you'd been to go about the lump? I am 10 weeks postpartum and have found limp under nipple. Been to go today and she's asked to see me in 2 weeks to see whether lump has disappeared. If not she's going to refer me for an ultrasound. I'm really worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now