Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Body feels broken

(5 Posts)
Lules Sun 15-Nov-15 22:12:05

So I had my first baby 9 weeks ago and he's fantastic and I'm happy BUT I'm really fed up with not feeling right.

I had an emergency c section and while the scar healed well my stomach still hurts when I walk or do anything energetic. It's like a kind of pulling feeling. I asked my GP about it a couple of weeks ago and she said it was normal. The biggest problem though is piles which are just so painful and massive! I've been given various creams by my GP but they just haven't done anything. I don't know what to try next. I find it really embarrassing and don't want my husband to see etc.

And I also have really bad stretch marks and am fatter than I was. I know this is normal but with everything else I feel like my body's given up. Anyone else feel like this or have any advice?

EDisFunny Sun 15-Nov-15 22:16:51

Be kind to yourself is my best bit of advice flowers

Your body is still recovering from both pregnancy and major surgery. Being hard on yourself won't help.

I found drinking loads of water, eating lots of fresh fruit and veg, and lots of walking helped me with piles after my emcs.

SouthYarraYobbo Sun 15-Nov-15 22:21:25

It will heal and you'll hopefully forget this. I have an 8 week old and a 5 year old. My body was in bits not literally after dd1. I couldn't sit comfortably for weeks thanks to a ventouse delivery. Dd2 was natural with only g&a. The difference is amazing.

Just take it easy, get out for some gentle exercise.

stqueen Sun 15-Nov-15 22:32:42

Take a nice warm bath (daily if you can) - I found they really helped me to relax & soothed the aches & pains for a while (natural birth here but episiotomy stitches with an infection to boot).

I second gentle exercise when you're up to it too - just a nice brisk-ish walk to start with, perhaps make them longer or faster when you're up to it. Perhaps visit your GP again if you're still experiencing discomfort with your scar…do you drive? Have you drove since CS?

flowers

Lules Mon 16-Nov-15 09:08:32

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I don't drive as I live in London. I am walking around already - wouldn't be able to go anywhere if I didn't! I can't go as far as I would like though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now