Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

post natal depression

(3 Posts)
kerryf04 Sat 14-Nov-15 15:05:21

im an 18 year old with a 10 months old daughter, iv been to my doctor 3/4 times telling him how horrible and depressed iv been feeling (struggled with anxiety and depression before having a baby) and all the help i have been offered is medication he hasnt suggested anything else and i know for a fact they seing a therapist or someone would benefit me as im just not myself anymore.. should i ask him or my health visitor?? hmm

Dixiechick17 Sun 15-Nov-15 03:08:16

I would go back to the doctor and request a referral to counselling. I had to request this when I suffered from depression, as they don't seem to just offer it. Also mentiom it to your HV as she may be able to get the doctor to do it. Hope they sort it for you and you can get the help that you need flowers

ExBallerina Sun 15-Nov-15 03:09:39

Yes, go back and request. Request until you get the help you need. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: