We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

vaginoplasty

(2 Posts)
flyaway12 Sat 01-Aug-15 10:49:39

Looking for some advice from others with similar experience.

I am a mum with 2 kids, my last one being born just over a year ago now was a particularly large baby and I went through a difficult enough labour, ending up having to push for 3 hours and then haemorrhaging and tearing a bit. Since then I have experienced a lot of pelvic floor weakness, different types of incontinence and an issue with there being a substantial amount of extra space inside the vagina and unfortunately very little feeling left, which I am told might never come back, whoop!

My husband and I are finding resuming a normal sex life very difficult due to this and I have done a lot of research in to vaginoplasty procedures as I am seriously considering taking this step. I have gone through all other steps, such as 6 months of intensive physiotherapy, giving it plenty of time to see if things go back in by themselves, using an electropulse stimulator and doing as many pelvic and other exercises as I possibly can, given that I work full time and have 2 kids, but still really struggling to get anywhere and now starting to despair a bit. Causing a lot of friction between my husband and me.

I have been on mumsnet forum before and have seen that there are other mums out there who have had this procedure done with excellent results, mentally and physically. The mums who have been taking about this on mumsnet are all based in England and I was just wondering if there are any woman out there in from Belfast/Norther Ireland who have had this procedure done, and if so please could they recommend any particular consultants who perform it. I am having difficulty finding consultants who do this in Belfast and I would like to find out if there is anyone who people would recommend. I would possibly be up for travelling to England for this, but would obviously prefer things closer to home.

If there are women out there who can advise me, if you don’t mind, can I ask also how you found your experience with this and how much the total cost was for the procedure to be done privately.

Thank you all so much.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 01-Aug-15 23:08:50

Hi OP, we're going to move this thread over to our Postnatal Health topic - hopefully you'll get some good advice there. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now