Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Periods..

(6 Posts)
heatherxo Thu 23-Jul-15 23:54:32

Curious as to when any of you ladies got their period after birth?
DS is almost 5 weeks, I am expressing.
Not sure if my periods are coming back or if this is just after bleeding, I haven't stopped since birth but today there's been more blood and its brighter red.. Sorry TMI!

MrsRolandRat Fri 24-Jul-15 19:02:53

My periods came back 6 months after birth I was ebf. I bled post birth (cs though) for 8 weeks, some days it would be heavier and more red and other days it would be more brown and lighter.
Everyone is different though, however generally if you breastfeed the periods usually take longer to come back than if you formula feed.

BlinkAndMiss Fri 24-Jul-15 21:51:44

Mine came back at 8 weeks with my first but I wasn't breast feeding, I think it takes longer if you are. If your bleeding hasn't stopped and then it's got heavier I'd go to the GP, it could be an infection or you might just be over doing it a bit.

heatherxo Fri 24-Jul-15 23:57:03

Thanks girls, I'll maybe ask hv about it as I didn't think I'd be having heavier bleeding just yet (I am ebf as said above too)!

hullabaloo234 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:58:14

Hi OP, DD2 will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and my period turned up on Weds. I can't lie, it's hellish shock soaking through pads every hr or so, far far heavier than lochia was sad

Does anyone know how long this is likely to ask? I am FF this time, and with DD1 I BF for 15 months with no period and then when it did return it was the same as always so this is a bit of a shock to the system!

hullabaloo234 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:58:46

likely to last, not ask! sorry, fat fingers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now