Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Itchy c section scar

(6 Posts)
twixxy Thu 23-Jul-15 23:33:04

The left hand side of my caesarean scar has become horrifically itchy over the last few days. The area above it is still completely numb (less so on the right hand side)

Thing is, my 'baby' is seven and a half (years old rather than weeks or months)

So - why now? And what can I do before it drives me completely nuts? tia

OhIDoLikeToBeBeside Thu 23-Jul-15 23:40:06

I don't wish to be rude, but have you been sweaty? Sweat always makes mine (5.5 yrs) itch like mad.

Francescal88 Thu 23-Jul-15 23:51:14

Itching my c section scar is my guilty pleasure... Feels soooo good

Also, as pp suggested, it itches more when I am hot (and therefore sweaty)

LovesYoungDream Thu 23-Jul-15 23:56:45

Not sure about the itch but I have a large area of numbness above where my cs scar is(from the scar up to about 3 inches above my belly button is totally numb). I think it is nerve damage. Could the itchiness be caused by the skin stretching/shrinking due to weight gain/loss? I had terrible itchiness when I was pregnant, it was awful but thankfully it went away when dc was born

twixxy Fri 24-Jul-15 06:56:05

Ah yes to the above! Warmer weather (though not very warm and when it's been proper hot it's been fine)

Weigh gain - slight (a few pounds) Not preg

But maybe that combo

Hate the numbness after all these years. Jst feels weird

nooka Fri 24-Jul-15 07:09:45

My last c-section baby is almost 15 and my scar now feels almost normal. Took a long time to resolve, I had the numbness and also at times weird pins and needles feelings too. Now the only issue I have is that it hurts where I have some adhesion if I sneeze a bit violently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now