Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Heavy Bleeding

(4 Posts)
SilverHoney Mon 20-Jul-15 12:43:57

DD is 8 weeks old. I had postnatal bleeding for a few weeks following birth. I started on the mini-pill as I'm EBF, and for the last few days have had the heaviest period sad flooding sanitary towels, bright red, leaking through clothes...

I never had periods like this before pregnancy (on the combined pill). Plus I though breastfeeding would make them lighter? I had a big bleed after birth and needed a blood transfusion, which caused low iron levels.

Tell me, is this super heavy because it's my first one following birth? Is this a sign of things to come? Or is this worth a trip to the doctors? I'm sick of bloody bleeding now!!

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 13:24:17

Mine have been horrendous since having dd 5 months ago. The first two I had to set alarms during the night to get up and change super tampon and pad as I was soaking the bed. I felt like I was going to pass out with the blood loss.
I stopped BF around two weeks post Baby and am not on the pill or any hormonal contraceptive.
I've found they're gradually getting lighter and less awful. I had one that lasted two weeks! X

SilverHoney Mon 20-Jul-15 13:54:22

I tried doing pad & tampon when I was out and about but found it uncomfortable. My DD acts as my alarm! Urgh I guess I'll just see how things go. No one tells you about the 8 weeks worth of blood loss!!

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 16:44:09

I've started using a moon cup and it's made such a difference x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now