Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding 6 weeks pp!!

(6 Posts)
Anotheroneofme Fri 10-Jul-15 16:10:55

My lochia stopped about two weeks ago and today 6 weeks pp I've started losing blood again! Is it a period? I'm fully bfing ds so seems unlikely! I had a pph so I'm scared something's happening sad

MadAngryGnome Sat 11-Jul-15 08:26:53

I'm fully BFing and had exactly the same thing at 6 weeks so it might be a period. However maybe worth mentioning it at your six week check up given the PPH. Have you had it yet? I remember reading that if the blood loss was very heavy/with large clots in then to seek medical advice.

Anotheroneofme Sat 11-Jul-15 10:23:56

No it's not for 2 weeks yet cos the bloody gp receptionist hadn't even heard of a 6 week check! I think I might ring first thing Monday for a cancellation cos I'm a bit worried tbh particularly because I'm bfing

hartmel Sun 02-Aug-15 04:57:05

Had the same thing with my first. Went to see my delivery doctor who confirmed that it was my period I was also breastfeeding. Hadn't gotten a period until I stopped breastfeeding. And only twice then I fell unexpectedly pregnant again grinsmile

But If you are worried get it checked out

nailsathome Sun 02-Aug-15 06:42:47

I have bf both of my DCs and had my first period after 6 weeks with DD and 3 weeks with DS. I was not impressed as I was also told that bf would delay periods!

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Sun 02-Aug-15 06:51:08

Worth getting it checked. I had the same (10 yrs ago now!) and assumed it was my period but it turned out to be a small retained piece of placenta. Nothing terrible although it scared the bejesus out of me when it fell out when I was on the loo! I then had a scan to confirm there was nothing else (there wasn't). I felt so much better when it had gone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now