Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Is this PND again?

(7 Posts)
Betty2012 Sun 05-Jul-15 21:02:40

Bit of back story...I had a pretty traumatic birth with my DD who is now three and a half, morning sickness throughout my entire pregnancy, and a lot of problems breastfeeding. I had never looked after a baby before so found the whole experience overwhelming, and looking back I definately had PND. My partner also left me and got with his ex.

I'm now back with DDs dad and our relationship is great, we sorted out all the problems we had and are fine. DS is six months old, I had no morning sickness with him, no emotional mood swings, somehow only put seven pounds on with him (compared to three and half with my DD) and other than SPD had a pretty good pregnancy. Labour was very quick and I was able to walk about straight away. Due to my problems breastfeeding my DD I decided to bottle feed. He sleeps like a dream and I'm absolutely smitten with him, his smile makes my day. I also went back to work part time when DS was three months old in a new job as I found coming back to work helped with my PND before

So I don't know why I feel depressed and anxious all the time, I wake up having panic attacks over nothing. I have a lot of stomach issues and they can't find the cause, also had anaemia which is improving. Am currently on fluoxetine but it doesn't really seem to be helping. My partner works away so it's just me looking after the kids, the house and the pets, but the house is in a constant mess even after I tidy it. My DD has also started tantruming a lot for hours on end, she's an absolute sweetheart and I love her very much, she's very funny and caring, but I just feel so overwhelmed :-(

I feel like I'm a failure in my job and being a mother.

Betty2012 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:38:43

Anyone? :-(

MundayCakes85 Sat 18-Jul-15 07:28:10

Didn't want to read and run- no suggestions but It sounds like you have a lot of things to look after/ stress over. I hope someone comes along soon with some advice for you flowers

Betty2012 Sat 18-Jul-15 08:35:29

Thankyou smile

Levismum Sat 18-Jul-15 08:54:54

You have a lot to deal with.
Do you get a break, rest or child free time?

Do you have family or friends to support you?

Could you speak to a GP or HV might help too.

Make looking after yourself a priority.
Take careflowers

Betty2012 Sat 18-Jul-15 10:38:32

I get a couple of hours whilst the kids are at their grandparents which I'm really grateful for, PIL are brilliant. But I spend that time doing a proper clean of the house which then gets in a wreck by the next day! DD is well behaved when her dads at home but when he's away she just tantrums for hours so I can't really get much done

pastaratatouille Thu 30-Jul-15 22:00:49

You have a lot to deal with here. So it could just be an outcome of the obvious pressure you're under. Eitherway, get some help to nip it in the bud- is there anyone available to help you around the house once or twice a week? Also, is there a local PND support group or counselling service? Hopefully a bit of talking therapy could help make sense of your feelings? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now